The instructions and templates for preparing your manuscript for UAE-GSRC 2018 are listed below.
Please write and format your submission according to the following guidelines.
- Paper Length: Prospective authors are invited to submit a 2-page paper, in double-column format, that describe their original, unpublished research through GSRC online submission system. Each submission should include an abstract of at most 150 words.
- Paper Size: Either A4 (210mm X 297mm) or US Letter (8.5″ x 11″) formats are allowed.
- Author's Names: The lead author of the paper must be a graduate student during the 2017-18 academic year.
- Fonts: A font size no smaller than 10 points should be used throughout the paper. Embed ALL fonts in your PDF file. No Type 3 fonts allowed.
- File Format:Adobe PDF (.pdf) is the only acceptable electronic submission format.
- File Size:The paper must be submitted as a single PDF file, whose size must not be larger than 2.0 MByte.
- Other recommendations:
- There should be no headers/footers/page numbers, no links, no bookmarks, no security settings.
- The title, author's names, and author's order should be the same as the data included in the EDAS electronic submission system.
Templates and Sample Papers
The following style files and templates are available for users of Microsoft Word and LaTeX:
- MS Word Templates:
- Adobe Distiller Settings for IEEE Xplore Compliance:
- Download the PDF settings file to help you setup Adobe Distiller to produce a PDF file that meets IEEE Xplore requirements.
- This zip file contains instructions on job option file usage as well as files for job option settings for Adobe Acrobat versions 5-XI.
- LaTeX Templates:
- Description of the LaTeX Archive Contents
- Unix LaTeX template files
- Windows LaTeX template files
- Use the template’s conference mode. See template documentation for details.
- Eliminate Type 3 font usage whenever possible. Refer to the Type 3 Font Infopage for details.
- LaTeX (Bibliography Files):
- Unix LaTeX Biblio files
- Windows LaTeX Biblio files
- Access to IEEEtran LaTeX Class (template) V1.8 packages and IEEEtran V1.12 BibTeX (bibliography) packages.
- Be sure to use the template’s conference mode.
- See template documentation for details.
- Sample Papers: